Security resources organized by topic
[ 🚧 Under Construction]
How the Internet works...
Security Planner: Assessment and planning tools
Threats to your information:
- Data loss
- Compromised accounts
- Device inspection at checkpoints
- Device confiscation or theft
- Information handover
- Targeted malware
- Surveillance and monitoring
Determine mitigation measures
Protect your devices
- How to mitigate your risk of being subject to Pegasus surveillance, and other spyware.
- Secure your devices - These resources will help you understand when to use full disk encryption and antivirus.
Protect yourself online
Protect your accounts using strong passwords, pw managers, 2fa - These resources include videos that explain why strong passwords are so important, how to use password managers, and how to use two factor authentication to protect your accounts.
Safe internet browsing using VPN and Tor browser - These resources will help you keep your internet activities private by using a virtual private network (VPN) or the Tor internet browser. These are very helpful tools if you think an adversary has the capacity and interest to monitor and surveil your activities online.
Protect your information
- Information Security for Human Rights Defenders
- Ways to securely store and share files
- Tools for securely documenting human rights violations
- Protect your communication
- Protect your website
Producing security plans
Security considerations when travelling
Digital First Aid Kit - The Digital First Aid Kit is a free resource to help rapid responders, digital security trainers, and tech-savvy activists to better protect themselves and the communities they support against the most common types of digital emergencies. It can also be used by activists, human rights defenders, bloggers, journalists or media activists who want to learn more about how they can protect themselves and support others. If you or someone you are assisting is experiencing a digital emergency, the Digital First Aid Kit will guide you in diagnosing the issues you are facing, and refer you to support providers for further help if needed.