July 1 2021 GM
From TCU Wiki
Glitter Meetup is the weekly town hall of the Internet Freedom community at the IFF Square on the IFF Mattermost, at 9am EDT / 1pm UTC. Do you need an invite? Learn how to get one here.
- Team CommUNITY will release the 2020 Community Health Report next week and we have created a self-care Signal pack, check it out here
- For the 2020 Community Health Report, Team CommUNITY is conducting a special Glitter Meetup next Thursday 8, where we will debrief the report with Selma Zaki.
- Folks in the community are witnessing increased crackdown on freedom of expression online in Tunisia
- Community members are preparing to fight an Abortion Ban in Texas. It’s enforced by any random person who can sue any other random person if they suspect the person of “aiding and abetting” (or intending to aid and abet) an abortion after 6 weeks. The anti-abortion movement in the US has been trying to restrict abortion in various ways since the early 2000s. They test more and more aggressive laws in different states. A few other states have passed 6-week abortion bans, but the courts have blocked all of them so far because states aren’t supposed to be able to restrict abortion before 24 weeks or so (but lots of states do anyway). This law is testing out whether the private civil lawsuit piece can allow the ban to actually go into effect.
- The #InfoSecBikini is now trending against harassment in the sector