Global Gathering COVID-19 Policy
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, below please find specific information about entry requirements, event-specific protocols, and other useful information to ensure a safe and healthy event for all participants. Note: due to the ever-changing nature of sub variants and entry requirements, this policy may change to reflect current travel requirements and CDC / WHO recommendations.
Prior to Travel
The health and well-being of everyone in our community is our top priority. With that in mind, we ask that you please not attend if any of the following occurs prior to traveling for the event:
- You test positive for COVID-19
- You feel unwell or are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19
- You or someone in your household have come in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 within ten days prior to the event
We will also be asking all attendees to confirm that none of the above has been experienced prior to entry to the Global Gathering, and that you are either fully vaccinated or have tested negative at least 72 hours prior to travel. If you are unable to attend in person due to any of the above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Traveling to Portugal
Entry into Portugal
To enter into Portugal (including Azores and Madeira), it is no longer required to present proof of a negative COVID test or to present a COVID-EU digital certificate or vaccination or recovery certificate issued by a third country and accepted or recognized in Portugal.
For direct flights from the People's Republic of China, passengers will be required to present, at the time of boarding, a negative PCR or TRAg test carried out no more than 48 hours before the start of the flight, and are subject to random, but mandatory, testing on arrival in Portugal.
Portuguese Government Mask Mandates
Use of mask is:
- Mandatory in health establishments and services; and
- Recommended by the DGS (Portuguese Directorate-General for Health), by anyone over the age of 10, in closed environments and people gatherings, public and passenger transport, including air transport, taxis and similar transport (TVDE), pharmacies and in confirmed cases of COVID-19, in all circumstances, whenever they are out of their isolation site until the 10th day after the date of onset of symptoms or positive test.
Testing on Arrival
If you wish to test shortly after your arrival in Lisbon, you can:
- Take a test at the Lisbon Airport (more information: https://www.ana.pt/en/lis/services-shopping/essential-services/health-services)
- Visit a pharmacy throughout Lisbon to schedule a test or pick up an at-home test kit
Pending funding, TCU may offer one or more days of test kits at registration for participants of the Global Gathering.
Global Gathering Safety Protocols
Prior to Your Arrival at the Global Gathering
For the health and safety of all participants, the Global Gathering venue will be in an outside facility (to ensure ventilation) with ample space to ensure that participants can be adequately distanced. Further, the venue’s surfaces will also be regularly cleaned, and extra hand sanitizing stations will be placed throughout the venue.
To be equitable to all participants, and in accordance with local regulations, we will be asking all participants to attest to the following prior to arrival:
- I am fully vaccinated and, if applicable, have received vaccine boosters (Fully vaccinated is defined as two weeks (14 full days) after the final dose of a WHO-approved vaccine), if they are available to me in my community.
- I have tested negative at least 72 hours before my trip
- I have not been exposed to any individual who has tested positive for COVID-19 or has displayed COVID-19 symptoms in the past 10 days.
Attestations can be done with the pseudonym provided upon registration. The attestations will be done as part of the check-in process, and at the beginning of each day.
At the Event
At any time during the event, if you experience any of the following symptoms, we ask that you please depart the event and recover at your hotel or other lodging:
- loss of taste or smell
- sore throat
- aches and pains
- a rash on skin, or discoloration of fingers or toes
- red or irritated eyes
Global Gathering event staff may also bar entry or ask participants to depart if they are visibly unwell. Any individual who is asked to leave and refuses, or is found to have given inaccurate information for their attestation upon arrival, will be referred to the Code of Conduct committee and may be barred from future attendance.
Once your symptoms have recovered and/or you’ve tested negative for COVID-19 for five days, you may return to the event. Additional test kits and PPE will also be available to anyone who may need them.
After the Event
If you test positive for COVID-19 within five days of the completion of the Global Gathering, please email email@example.com (subject: positive test) immediately so we can alert attendees of potential exposure.
Acknowledgement of Risks
Due to the nature of COVID-19, we are unable to guarantee a COVID-19-free environment or eliminate the chance of infection and the health risks associated with it. By attending the Global Gathering, you acknowledge and assume the risks involved.