December 9 2021 GM
From TCU Wiki
Glitter Meetup is the weekly town hall of the Internet Freedom community at the IFF Square on the IFF Mattermost, at 9am EST / 1pm UTC. Do you need an invite? Learn how to get one here.
- GitHub is China’s ‘last land of free speech’ – but for how long?
- Patrick Zaki was detained last year and still faces charges of ‘spreading false news’.
- Stuck in Belarus: Blocked from entering the EU or returning to Lebanon, refugees fear deportation to Syria
- Manifesto for children’s genuine participation in digital technology design and making
- Tor’s main site blocked in Russia as censorship widens
- Mozfest 2022 will be online and in person
- Surveillance technologies policy development codesign event
- Reclaim Your Face
- Bits of Freedom intervened with posters in different cities in the Netherlands, it was awesome to get off the train the other day here in Rotterdam Zuid and see a big poster of the reclaim your face campaign
- The case of Toronto and Google's sidewalk project was also interesting
- Roadmap for an Antitrust Case Against Facebook
Life Lessons Obtained in 2021
- We're in a perpetual April 2020
- Having an online community like this helps me cope with the uncertain times and lockdowns, even though most of the time i am just a silent reader